Warzone 2100 is a real-time strategy game originally developed by Pumpkin Studios and published by Eidos Interactive and is now developed by the Warzone 2100 project. Compared to other real-time strategy games, the emphasis is more on artillery, radar and counter-battery technologies, more frequent in-game cinematic updates as the game progresses, an extensive research tree and a vehicle design system.
In the late 21st century, NASDA (North American Strategic Defense Agency) developed and deployed a massive anti-missile defense system, including a network of nuclear-armed satellites and ground-based launch sites. However, a terrible error occurred during a routine maintenance check …
Outside of history, Warzone 2100 only has a single faction. This limits some of the variety that can be expected from real-time strategy games, although the individual factions are very complex. Basically, Warzone 2100 plays much like Earth 2150 with 3D units and terrain, customizable vehicles, a lack of traditional infantry, the use of “research” to acquire new technology, and differentiation of vehicle types.
Compared to other RTS, Warzone 2100 has:
- A unit design system that allows players to select bodies, engines, and weapons.
- More emphasis on sensors and radar: Basic sensors detect units and can coordinate ground attacks Counter battery sensors (CB) detect enemy artillery batteries and coordinate artillery strikes against enemy artillery. VTOL sensors and VTOL CB sensors coordinate VTOL attacks. Radar detectors recognize enemy sensors.
- More emphasis on artillery: With the help of sensors, the late game artillery can fire from great distances.
- A massive technology tree with small incremental advances over existing technologies required for later technologies.
- Fix: General improvements address UI crashes and problems (commit: d7288f4c2f0c130889db4d7ea4e8229d920dc3f7 commit: 5639a187f069677476ce2eb2af532d70368faf58 commit: 484ebc432fdfb91f1ab0619ba46be2170f7a6e9c commit: fe0ed076f92c6eb44aa483849eaf8046b22240cd, # 1679, # 1686, # 1689, # 1695)
- Fix: The animation system was corrected so that scavengers were not left out of the fire animation (Commit: 319ef65c7acd01111ce9d83d6b394b10343be09a, # 1690).
- Fix: Shoot through goals after they have been lowered (Commit: aedce4ceb6059926d9bfa19fd29c522e3c81b16b, # 1692)
- Fix: Lock the UI and don’t accept option changes over the network when everyone is ready (too many commits, # 1701).
- Change: Update QuickJS (too many commits, # 1682)
- Change: Update Cobra AI (Commit: a216a60a03ef8f76817dd31f287a86801e71203f, Commit: c6a22faa9253758ca489f68cbc0233b3e8e30d90, # 1697, # 1699)
- Change: Numerous translation updates (Commit: f04c085d018b074d8268ea57d7eb04485c34d4dc, # 1705)
Source link : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5739-warzone-2100.html