Mozilla switched Firefox to a fast development cycle, which means that new versions will appear more frequently. The non-profit organization has promised to bring out a new stable every six weeks.
The latest Mozilla Firefox Nightly can now be tested on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. This beta includes performance enhancements that will improve the browsing experience for users and allow developers to build faster web applications and websites.
- On macOS, WebGL power settings allow non-performance critical applications and applets to request the low-power GPU instead of the high-power GPU in systems with multiple GPUs
- Improved Windows 10 integration: Your Firefox theme now matches your OS Dark / Light mode
- WebExtensions are now run in a separate process on Linux
- Faster tab switching in most cases for our macOS users
- Improved Firefox reactivity on macOS
- The Open in Sidebar function has been removed from the library for individual bookmarks
- Never check for updates that have been removed from settings. If a replacement is needed, we recommend using the DisableAppUpdate company policy
- Firefox now warns that several windows / tabs are open when exiting the main menu.
- The keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Tab will now preview your tabs and scroll through the tabs in the order you last used. This new standard behavior is only activated in new profiles and can be changed in your settings
- The build infrastructure of Firefox on Windows was moved to the Clang tool chain and brought important performance improvements
- Changes that affect developers
Source link : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/2582-mozilla-firefox.html