The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated and open flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, pilot training as an industry-standard engineering tool so that DIY enthusiasts can pursue their preferred interesting flight simulation idea, and certainly not most recently as an entertaining, realistic and challenging desktop flight simulator. We are developing a sophisticated, open simulation framework that can be expanded and improved by anyone interested.
There are many exciting opportunities for open, free flight simulation. We hope that this project will be interesting and useful for many people in many areas. The source code for the entire project is available and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Over 20,000 real airports are included throughout the landscape.
- Correct the runway markings and placement, correct the runway, and get closer to the lights.
- Taxiways are available for many larger airports (including the green center line lights, if applicable).
- Inclined runways (runways change height as they do in real life).
- Directional airport lighting that gently changes intensity when your relative viewing direction changes.
- The world landscape fits on 3 DVDs. (I’m not sure if this is a feature or a problem!) But it does mean that we have pretty detailed coverage of the whole world.
- Worldwide accurate terrain, based on the most recently published SRTM terrain data.) 3 arc seconds resolution (approx. 90 m according to the distance) for North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
- The landscape includes all vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railways, cities, land covers, etc.
- Beautiful landscape night lighting with ground lighting in urban areas (based on real maps) and headlights visible on major highways. This enables realistic night VFR flying with the ability to spot cities and follow roads.
- Scenery tiles are paged out (loaded / unloaded) in a separate thread to minimize the frame rate when you need to load new areas.
- Improved control for aircraft carriers
- Improved “Classic Theme” with better fonts and colors
- Canvas MapStructure support for SlippyMaps, including VFRCharts, STAMEN,
- Various improvements to the launcher
- Atmospheric Light Scattering Renderer: Additional volumetric vegetation layers for denser undergrowth
- Active volcanoes, including Kilauea, Stromboli, Etna,
- New regional texture definitions for Hawaii
- Several scenic waterfalls in the Hawaii region
- New and unique vegetation textures for different parts of the world
- New 3D objects: Buildings and structures in France, Portugal, Spain, Great Britain, USA, Australia and Ukraine
- Improved airports: Valle del Conlara Airport (SAOS) in Argentina, RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYPT) in the Falkland Islands in Great Britain, Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport (LFBD) in France and King Abdulaziz International Airport (OEJN) in Saudi Arabia.
Major aircraft updates
- A new glider: Rolladen-Schneider LS4
- Space Shuttle improvements
- Cessna 182S
- Amelia – an animated and hardworking co-pilot for the Alouette III, which can take off and land
- Quote II
- F-14 – various changes, including improved carrier operations
- Robinson R44 helicopter
- Most important DHC-6 Twin Otter update: JSBSim variant added (status: experimental), more realistic fuel system in JSBSim, much more detailed simulation of the electrical system including various DC and AC buses, circuit breakers and bus connection relays.
- The CH Products choke quadrant is supported immediately. Many thanks to CH Products for providing an example quadrant.
- Improved support for add-ons
- Supports NMEA traffic warnings (e.g. Flarm) to allow FG to route AI / MP traffic to nav / moving map clients such as xcsoar, skydemon and skymap
- Improvements to YASIM including multiple wing sections, support for trimming the entire stabilizer, and better information from CLI tools
- More realistic carrier landings with improvements to the behavior of the JSBSim interceptor wire.
- More AI traffic with current flight plans and liveries.
- Complete Release notes here.
Source link : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3695-flightgear.html