Easy2Boot is a free, highly configurable multiboot software for USB sticks with support for secure UEFI booting. It’s one of the most useful bootable media tools because it’s both small and fast.
The downloadable app allows you to create a multiboot USB stick on a standard USB flash drive, but it also supports external USB drives (both SSDs and HDDs). YouTube has lots of videos, a quick setup guide, and lots of other information like the Easy2Boot forum, FAQ section, blog, and three of the developer’s eBooks.
- The Easy2Boot Menu system is free and uses NTFS and grub4dos + scripts. Easy2Boot v2 can also add a second partition that agFM grub2 uses for UEFI booting.
- Easy maintenance – just copy your ISO files / IMGPTN files / other files (or delete them from the USB drive) – a new menu will be created automatically every time you boot from the E2B USB drive.
- You will never have to reformat your E2B USB drive even if you want to update it with the latest version of E2B.
- MBR boot directly from the USB drive in unchanged files: .ISO, .IMA, .IMG, .VHD, .VHDX, .WIM, WinBuilder, WinPE ISOs, Windows installation ISOs, Linux ISOs, FreeDOS, Hirens ISOs , MemTest86, diagnostics, repair software, anti-virus cleaner etc etc etc etc. The file extension determines how E2B will boot from there. E2B recognizes many additional “special” file extensions.
- Backup UEFI64 boot directly from ISOs files using a1ive’s grub2 agFM menu system (with E2B improvements).
- Adding new payloads is quick! Copying a large ISO file to a USB drive is much faster than extracting hundreds of smaller files from the ISO. Plus, it’s much easier to back up a file and delete it when you no longer want it.
- The E2B download is a Windows self-extracting executable .exe file that allows you to create an NTFS multiboot USB drive with just a few clicks of the mouse. You can also create an E2B USB drive on Linux using a bash shell script (the script is included in the zip download file).
- You can add your own files, applications, portable apps, etc. to the USB drive.
- UEFI booting (including Secure Boot) can also be done by converting UEFI bootable user data (ISOs, disk images, flash drives, etc.) to IMGPTN files (partition images). Use the MPI Tool Pack to create IMGPTN files for MBR + UEFI boot (supports Secure Boot). By adding a second FAT32 partition, you can backup UEFI boot to UEFI images without the need for an MBR boot (see here). AgFM allows you to UEFI boot directly from the same ISO / bootable files. Use IMGPTN files if you have problems with Secure Boot or if your payload is designed to run from a USB drive.
- MBR boot to Clover UEFI64 and then agFM UEFI64 (and then Ventoy UEFI64) and then UEFI payloads from an MBR boot!
- Over 340 different types of ISOs and user data are supported.
- USB flash drives and USB hard disk / SSD drives are supported (NTFS is recommended).
- E2B is designed for use on a wide variety of PCs and notebooks, including those with faulty / bizarre BIOS.
- Generic – Unlike other solutions, E2B does not need to be updated when a new Linux distribution is released
- Multiple Linux ISOs + persistence possible (via .mnu menu files) – persistence files larger than 4 GB are supported.
- Add images from other bootable USB drives with one or two partitions (e.g. add partition images from USB drives containing Rufus, WinsetupFromUSB, YUMI, XBOOT, DOS USB, etc.).
- Over 15 languages for the E2B menu system. Press F1 on the E2B menu for help.
- Unattended Windows installations (drivers + apps + updates with an unchanged Microsoft Windows Install ISO file) – using the SDI_CHOCO function – when a new Windows version is released, just copy to the new Windows ISO!
- Fully configurable – it’s easy to change the menu text, menu order, menu defaults, timeouts, background image, add your own grub4dos menu files, add your own submenus and configure the menu with the Windows app E2B_Editor, Themes Skins and much more. ..
- All details can be found in PDF eBooks.
- Your E2B USB drive can contain multiple full operating system partition images (Linux, DOS, Windows, etc.) by turning on IMGPTN partition image files.
- YouTube Videos, Free Live Help and Support + eBooks.
- E2B is used by thousands of professionals, schools and colleges around the world (over 2000 downloads per day).
- MBR Legacy Boot with the Easy2Boot grub4dos menu system or MBR, UEFI32, UEFI64, Secure Boot UEFI64 with the agFM grub2 menu system.
- Uses a1ive’s grubfm for direct UEFI booting from ISOs etc.
- Add Ventoy to Ventoy for Easy2Boot for Legacy or Secure UEFI64.
- Secure the UEFI start directly from VHDs, Strelec, DLCBoot, Bob Ombs, HBCD-WinPE-ISOs, Windows-Installation-ISOs, Medicat, KonBoot, Linux-ISOs + Persistence.
- MBR boot with UEFI payload only with Clover.
- Fully unattended, automated Windows installations of ISO + drivers + apps + updates Here.
- Boot from partition images created from ISOs or bootable USB drives for more complex ISOs, full operating system installations, DOS images, etc.
- Check if your ISO / Payload is supported and how to start it Here.
- E2B Launcher.exe application added
- Add .ventoyignore dummy files to the _ISO docs and _ISO \ e2b folders to speed up Ventoy startup
Source link : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/7370-easy2boot.html